17 September 2014

Friday Night Lights: The Possibilities


Current Obsession:  Because who doesn't love Friday Night Lights and this pair right here?  Tyra is by far my favorite character on the show.  I've always had this soft spot in my heart for Tyra (yes there is room for a TV Show character in my heart, lol!) because she never seems to think she's good enough.  For a while she always sells herself short and doesn't expect that great things could be in store for her.  She settles.  She lets how others view her and her circumstances define who she is.  Until she doesn't.  She finally sees herself as something worthwhile.  She sees herself as someone who can accomplish great things.  In the episode Buns and I watched last night, she's writing her college essay, and her loyal buddy Landry asks her when the change happened.  The change from not caring about her future to deciding that she was going to reach for what seemed impossible.  If you're a big ol' blubber-butt like I am, you'll cry.  An onslaught of tears, haha.  Because what she says is amazing.  And something that I hope anyone who is afraid to reach for the stars remembers.  Something I hope Reese remembers as she grows up.  That the sky's the limit.  


"Two years ago, I was afraid of wanting anything.  I figured wanting would lead to trying and trying would lead to failure.  But not I find I can't stop wanting.  I want to fly somewhere on first class.  I want to travel to Europe on a business trip.  I want to get myself invited to the White House.  I want to learn about the world.  I want to surprise myself.  I want to be important.  I want to be the best person I can be.  I want to define myself instead of having others define me.  I want to win and have people be happy for me.  I want to lose and get over it.  I want to not be afraid of the unknown.  I want to grow up and be generous and big-hearted, the way people have been with me.  I want an interesting and surprising life.  It's not that I think I'm going to get all these things, I just want the possibility of getting them.  College represents possibility.  The possibility that things are going to change.  I can't wait."  -Tyra

, Ashton Tilton

1 comment :

  1. i absolutely love this series, i think am going to watch it again

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts