12 October 2016

Day 4: Adventure

A writing memoir prompt series by Ann Dee Ellis that I found through the C. Jane Kendrick blog. I'll be trying my hand at these 8 minute memoirs because I miss writing, and I need something relatively productive to use my brainpower for that doesn't involve the ABCs or 123s. #momlife #poundit

{Winter 2015}

Can I be completely honest?  This one has me started out a little sadder than usual.  Nostalgic maybe?  I'm not really sure.  I feel like in my head I have a lot of thoughts about going on adventures.  A lot of plans put on the back burner.  A lot of things I dream to do one day.  Mostly with my family.  Some just with my Buns.  Some are more grandiose than others.  But  a lot of them consist of seemingly simple things.  A lot of nature.  

I like need to have access to the beauty of nature.  I love beaches.  I love cool sand in between my toes.  I love warm sand in the heat of the middle of the day in July.  I like looking out into the vastness of the ocean.  It makes me feel really calm and peaceful.

I love retreating up into the mountain for hikes, camping, bonfires, or just to drive.  I love the crispness of fall up Provo Canyon.  I love seeing the tops of the mountains beginning to get dusted with snow.  I love summers in the canyon.  I love all the beauty of the mountains.  I just love it.

I miss Tennessee.  I miss the country.  I miss rolling hills and Southern charm.  I miss deep woods and winding roads that go forever.  I miss the cool, refreshing, perfect falls of TN.  I think I just miss home.  I miss my parents.  I miss them so much it hurts lately.  I have been longing for my family to be together.  My entire family.  It's been too long.  Too long for my heart.

I think adventures seem crazy to think about right now because we're trying to navigate the adventure that is life right now.  I know, I know...a little too cheesy for me even as I type it out.  But I would be lying if I said things didn't feel a little completely unsettling right now.  

I'm so excited for my babe.  He just got accepted to Rocky Mountain University of Healthcare Professionals Physical Therapy Program here in Provo!  Seriously so proud of him.  Looking like maybe we'll end up here in Provo for the next few years...heck, maybe we'll be here in Utah for good.  
Again, I'd be lying if that wasn't completely and totally unnerving.

*Heavy sigh*

I guess that's the adventure I've been most thinking about.  Is the adventure of the next 5 years and where it will take our family.  It's exciting, scary, intimidating, confusing, and mostly amazing.  

Okay, I don't want to think about it anymore.

On a lighter note, I'd love to adventure to England and see all sorts of Harry Potter film locations.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts