07 August 2016

Sunday Funday

This morning started off really awesome.  Breakfast with the fambam, chillin', a little Prince of Egypt action that Reese calls the "Ribbit Movie" because of the scene when Moses sends the frogs to the city.  Riggs went down for his morning nap.

Slept for like a half hour.

Not good y'all.  We have church at one, and he usually sleeps for a couple hours in the morning.  So by the time church came around we were trying to get ready and keep Riggs at bay, but it was useless.  I called it.  We put him down for a nap, and Todd took Reese to church.  

I folded clothes, did the dishes, cleaned the toilet, and made dinner.  I had my own kind of church today, and I'm not gonna lie it was refreshing.  I got to listen to April's LDS Women's Conference that I never got to watch, and I felt empowered and renewed.  I came away with new personal goals and a vision for our family that I feel so good about.  I felt a purpose that I hadn't felt in a while.  

I felt close to my Heavenly Father. 

Then Riggs woke up, and it was back to the grind.  But I sure did hug that kid tight when he woke up.  Now the kids are asleep, and Buns and I are laughing about how emotionally involved we are with all the characters in Blue Bloods.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts