12 July 2014

Jordanelle Lake


This weekend was jammed packed but lots of fun.  After Todd got off work on Friday we went up Hobblecreek Canyon to go camping with Todd's family.  We didn't spend the night but hung out at the campsite, roasted hot dogs, and made s'mores.  It was such a nice night.  Reese was a doll.  She fell right asleep in the baby carrier Todd was wearing.  There's nothing like seeing Todd in a baby carrier.  Totes presh.  I loved relaxing with Barretts.  I feel blessed to have such great in-laws.  They're hysterical and have been so embracing since day one. 

This morning we headed up to Salt Lake to meet up with Megan and Gabe to go to Jordanelle Lake for the day.  Before we went to the lake, we walked around Downtown Salt Lake.  We went to eat at Toasters, and it was delish!  Definitely a new favorite.  Side story:  Sometimes we like to give Reese a little taste of what we're eating to see how she'll react.  Yes, parents of the year folks.  We decided we wanted her to try a little Ranch dressing.  (I can't believe I'm admitting this story haha)  So sure enough, we baited her with the spoon and she went in for the kill.  As soon as she took a taste, she literally gagged.  And then...yakked.  I know, I know, we're horrible, but the look on her face was priceless.  Bless her little heart.  No more using Reese for taste-testing!!  

After downtown, we headed up to Jordanelle.  It was beautiful.  When I go up the Provo canyon, I feel like the wanderlust inside of me comes alive.  So cheesy, but so stinkin' true!  I love the outdoors, and I'm always reminded how much when we go up the canyon.  Jordanelle was beautiful.  The water was freezing, but it was fun to be outside soakin' up the sunshine with Meg, Gabe, and Rio.  Love them.

Hope y'all have had an amazing weekend so far too!

“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” (Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl)
XO, Ashton Tilton 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts