04 March 2015

Taking Stock

Riggins has been kicking a lot lately, and it really makes him coming in a few months all the more real!  Time has been flying this pregnancy.  I've got Reese-a-Roni to thank for that.  There's also just been so much going on in our little lives this semester, we've been so busy.  Todd especially.  And when Todd's busy I feel busy.  I know he wants a serious break from it all, and don't get me wrong, so do I, but it's also kind of nice to have things to organize and do.  It's nice to help.  I like helping him.  I've always been a doer, and I like to keep myself busy.  I like goals, and I like to be working towards something.  Always.  Todd laughs at how many projects and goals I start.  But I say why not!  Maybe one day I can learn to follow through with them all! Lol.  So that's me lately.  Trying to keep organized, sane, and simple.  My temporary job with Google has finally reached it's year mark, so I've got a lot of time on my hands during naps now.  Which is nice I must say.  It did kind of sneak up on us, but what can ya do?  I feel like household things I used to not have time for, I have the option of doing them now.  I say the option because let's be real, yesterday was a strictly Netflix and nails sesh during Reese's nap, so the #treatyoself option won over the #beagoodhomemaker option.  After this post though, I'm gonna try to nail down the dishes.  In case you haven't heard me complain about once or twice or a million times, we don't have a dishwasher, so one day of getting behind on dishes=a follow-up of one full day doing the dishes.  I've done a couple of these "Taking Stock" posts and thought it would be fun to do one today since I haven't done one in a while.  Enjoy!


Making || Lots of "clean" treats.  I've always been a little self-conscious about my efforts to try to eat healthy and "clean" because there's such a stereotype associated with it, but I love it!  I am in no way perfect haha...at all...but it feels good to try to find a balance.  I kind of hate that it's referred to as eating "clean," because that sounds weird to me, but I really enjoy making new, easy (that's mandatory), healthy meals or treats.  I'm not a cook, and so I love the whole eating clean movement because the recipes are usually simple and straightforward!  And yummy! (I take that back...only if you find the right recipes because some of that crap is g-r-o-double s)
Cooking || Haha whoops, already answered that.  But I guess specifically today I plan on meal prepping for the second half of the week.  Cooking all my chicken and trying new ways to spice it up for lunches.
Drinking || Lots of water.  Lil Riggs has made me a very thirsty pregnant woman!!
Reading 
|| Alternating between Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple and Landline by Rainbow Powell that are sitting on my nightstand.  You know I'm not super into the book if I'm alternating between two, but I can't seem to let go of either of these.  I'm determined to finish them both even if it kills me.
Wanting 
|| A subscription to A Beautiful Mess Happy Mail
Looking 
|| Like I finally showered for the week.
Playing 
|| Blocks all day e'eryday with Roni. 
Wasting 
|| Lots of food with Ronikins.  Trying to get her to try new stuff, and it's not going well.  Baby steps, right?  If you have picky-eaters read this article from Parenting Magazine.
Sewing 
|| Does it count if I'm dreaming of sewing something?  The only reason I want to get a sewing machine is to experiment with baby headbands, banners, and scrapbooking.  Not the most conventional reasons for wanting a sewing machine but very tantalizing reasons for me!
Wishing 
|| It was summer!  I'm dying for the sun, pool, and outdoors.
Enjoying || Feeling all of these kicks from Riggins!  He is starting to kick consistently now, and it's making this baby boy a little more real to me!
Waiting 
|| For Reese to be back to full strength health and be over this cough.
Liking 
|| My new blog finds recently...Happy is a Choice and Meet Me at Mike's
Wondering 
|| What's going to happen next in The Good Wife...
Loving 
|| My Janet Jackson Pandora station right now...
Hoping 
|| Reese sleeps well for naptime, so I can get some things knocked off my to-do list.
Marveling 
|| At Riggs kicking like crazy right now!
Needing 
|| A leg massage.  Leg workout from 4 days ago is still preventing me from sitting and walking like a normal person.
Smelling 
|| Peaches. Thanks Yankee.
Wearing 
|| "Once you start wearing leggings there really is no going back." (Pinterest Pin) #mylife
Following 
|| @aruffledlife @workitout100 @yummytoddlerfood
Noticing 
|| Sleeping is starting to be an issue.  Bring it.
Thinking 
|| On self-mastery: "It isn’t until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are that you can begin to take control of yourself. As you learn to control yourself, you will get control of your life. If you want to move the world, you first have to move yourself." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf (From "On The Wings of Eagles")
Bookmarking 
|| My most recent bookmark revealed here.  
Giggling 
|| At Elsbeth from The Good Wife


, Ashton Tilton

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts