18 March 2015

Dear Riggins

This video was this past Sunday when your dad, sister, and I walked down the street to the ducks ponds.  I took the video 'cause I was thinking of your grandparents in Tennessee.  Your sister isn't interested in waving hi to the camera at all hahaha.  Throughout the video though, I got all teary-eyed thinking about how fast time has flown with Reese and how fast it will probably fly with you, and I haven't even met you yet!  You were karate-chopping me like crazy when I was taking this video.


I used to write letters to Reese when I was pregnant with her and realized I haven't written any to you yet to let you know how excited I am for you to come.  If there is ever a time I think I won't be able to do it (having you and Reese so close!), I think about watching you grow.  I picture you at Reese's age right now, and it seriously chokes me up every time!  When you have a pregnant wife of your own, you'll figure out pretty quickly (just ask your dad) that emotions can be all over the place on any given day and tears can be sparked by the littlest, most random things.

When I was pregnant with Reese, before we found out she was a girl, I really felt like we had a boy on the way.  Todd and I both felt like a boy with a strong and sweet heart was on his way.  Todd and I both felt like you would be a constant reminder in our life of what matters most.  So when we found out that it was a girl, we were so confused!!  At first I thought that I just got the gender wrong, and Reese would be the one to be all of those things.  And don't get me wrong, there are so many special things about Reese that we know will continue to bring us joy like they have so far, but I've realized that when your dad and I felt like a strong boy with a strong and sweet heart was on his way, it was YOU we were thinking of!  You were on your way.  We just didn't know it yet, haha.

I want you to know I can't wait to hold you.  I can't wait to be your mom.  I can't wait to go through all the milestones with you like we have with Reese so far.  As nervous as I am about delivery, I know that it will all be worth it!  You're coming right when you're supposed to.  Our little Riggs.  Your dad and I can't wait to meet you.  In just a little less than 3 months!  So soon!  We love you already.

Love, Momma

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts